On Saturday October 28, 2017 from 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM, p.s. alumni will launch a day of service for all alumni of New York City public schools to help some of our city's lowest-performing Renewal high schools. In looking at new ways to show support for all of our school communities, we welcome our alumni to help leave their mark in making these school facilities more welcoming, more organized, and most importantly, more conducive to student success. If you attended public school, join hundreds of your fellow alumni on Alumni Renewal Day to help renew and revitalize some of the city's most high-need schools.
On Alumni Renewal Day, alumni volunteers like you will join students and staff at 11 Renewal high schools around the city to complete "Renewal Projects" including:
- Painting murals in hallways & classrooms
- Reorganizing and cleaning school libraries
- Decorating and brightening college resource rooms & classrooms
- Gardening & beautifying outdoor school spaces
- Have attended a New York City public school
- Commit to spending 3 hours on October 28 at one of 11 Renewal high schools
By completing these projects at your site, you will help to provide an improved space for teachers to teach, and students to learn. As an alumni volunteer, you will also send an important message to the students who wish to follow in your footsteps in giving back to their city's schools in a big way.
For more information, please access the online application below.